1. All DSST tests are administered online. The examinee is immediately aware of the score of online tests however test scores will be mailed to the examinee/institution within ten business days.
2. DSST tests have a two hour time limit (with the exception of the Principles of Public Speaking exam) but the examinee should allow extra time to complete registration and a tutorial to become familiar with DANTES software.
3. DSST test prices are $80 payable to DANTES and $15 payable to Bluefield College for administering the test. You MUST pay be credit or debit card (MC, Discover or VISA). Prices may differ if taking the tests somewhere other than Bluefield College offices.
4. If a student should happen to fail the DSST test, he/she cannot retake the exam for three months.
5. There is no penalty for incorrect guessing; therefore, a student should answer all of the questions on the exam.
6. You can learn more about DSST on the web at http://www.getcollegecredit.com
7. A Study Guide can be ordered on the website. The Study Guide only contains 8 subjects, so be sure that it contains the subject that you wish to study for the test. Always remember that DSST assumes an examinee has previous knowledge about the subject in which they are testing, therefore, always study from a current subject-related textbook in addition to the material downloaded from this website.
8. For a small fee ($4.95), there are some practice tests available at the website.
9. Fact Sheets about each test can be downloaded at the website. These sheets will give you an examination description, and will list some study materials as well.
10. General Education and Elective credits may be earned by taking these tests.
11. Students should contact the Registrar’s Office for approval to take the test.
12. A student may not receive credit for an exam after college coursework has been attempted in the same area.